Health & Safety
Informa Markets Announces SupplySide East 2021 Rescheduled to August, Pop-up Event in Phoenix on June 11
Trade Show will Take Place Aug. 24-25, 2021 at the Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus, NJ
PHOENIX (March 11, 2021) – With safety of all participants as the number one priority, and a commitment to offering a valuable in-person event experience, Informa Markets announced that SupplySide East 2021, the region’s premiere health and nutrition event, has been rescheduled for Aug. 24-25, 2021. The event, previously scheduled for June 2021, will remain at the Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus, NJ.
The SupplySide East team is committed to offering valuable platforms for health and nutrition professionals to discover new products, trade and connect, while also ensuring safe in-person events. After reviewing government and facility restrictions, anticipated gathering guidelines in New Jersey and listening to industry feedback, the team is assured that the rescheduled August dates will be the right time for this community to convene. Detailed information on the evolving health and safety measures for the event will be found at supplysideeast.com. SupplySide East has traditionally hosted 3,500 members from the food, beverage and supplement ingredient and service space for two days of networking, education, and ingredient discovery.
SupplySide will be hosting a socially distanced pop-up event in Phoenix on June 11 to serve the needs of the health and nutrition community based in Arizona, California and the surrounding areas. To be notified of full event details, please fill out the “Notify me” form on supplyside365.com/supplysidephx. SupplySide West 2021 is scheduled to convene the industry again October 25-28 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
Health and Safety Update 3/5/2021
The health & safety of our SupplySide community remains our top priority as we return to in-person events. We are making preparations to run SupplySide East in accordance with all national government and local authority guidance, as well as adapting the Informa AllSecure Plan, Informa’s approach to ensuring the highest standards of safety, hygiene, cleanliness and operational effectiveness for all show participants.
We will be updating this page in the coming weeks with more detailed information around what you can expect when you attend SupplySide East and the measures we will be putting in place to ensure your safety. Please click here to be notified.
Enhanced Cleaning & Hygiene
- All cleaning practices have been thoroughly enhanced to ensure we are exceeding standards for disinfecting and hygiene with an increased focus on key touchpoints, including high-traffic areas, handles and rails, restrooms, food & beverage areas, registration desks and conference rooms.
- SupplySide East will be deploying electrostatic disinfection systems on a regular basis to sanitize the show floor and lobby, plus Show Management areas such as Registration, Show Office, etc.
- All of the venues high contact surfaces will be disinfected continuously throughout the day. Hand sanitizer stations will be conveniently placed throughout the facility and show floor.
- All chemicals are regularly reviewed and renewed to ensure they are of the highest quality in fighting against viruses.
- The collection and removal of waste will be increased, and receptacles will be continuously disinfected throughout the show.
- There will also be an increased number of waste management attendants throughout the campus area.
- Exhibitor booth sanitization services will be available in the Exhibitor Service Kit
- Exhibitors will adhere to a new set of sampling regulations which will be enforced by Show Management.
Physical Distancing Guidelines
- SupplySide East will apply crowd density standards, in accordance with local and state authorities’ guidance, to control the density of the show floor and gathering spaces and allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- One-way directional arrows will be put in place to designate entrances and exits and traffic flow where appropriate.
- Ambassadors will be deployed throughout the event to monitor flow of traffic and mitigate key density points to supportphysical distancing.
- Chairs will be distanced in conference sessions with reduced capacities for all rooms.
- Food and beverage services will be modified to minimize contact and restrict any self-servicing, including pre-packaged options, designated eating areas and increased attendants.
- Physical greetings, such as handshakes and the exchange of business cards, are discouraged.
- Signage will be placed throughout the facility and campus with reminders of health & safety measures, along with frequent public addresses.
- Registration Updates:
- Registration is being moved out of the Meadowlands Expo Center lobby to avoid overcrowding prior to the expo hall opening; an increased number of badge pickup areas will be placed outside the facility and in surrounding hotels.
- Registration lines will have signage such as floor stickers or stanchion toppers to note required distance between individuals.
- SupplySide East will continue to implement and enforce the registration qualification process to maximize the interactions with the highest quality of attendees while maintaining crowd density standards.
- Limited Contact Registration
- All registration counters will be equipped with plexiglass shields
- SupplySide East will be working with our registration provider to ensure registration does not require direct contact with a SupplySide representative.
- We encourage everyone to register online prior to the event to ensure the onsite experience is streamlined. Encouraging advanced, online registration provides an achievable means to minimize onsite contact at several touchpoints. That effort combined with the reduction of lines, allows visitors to enjoy a safe and enhanced experience where their time onsite is maximized for effectiveness.
Personal Protective Measures
- Visitors and exhibitors are required to wear masks while on the Meadowlands Expo Center campus. If you cannot wear a mask, for medical reasons, you will be required to wear a face shield in lieu of a mask. As we continue to monitor the current health crisis, this requirement may change. All SupplySide East team members and vendors will be required to wear masks. Masks will be available for those who do not have their own.
- All SupplySide East team members will receive infection prevention and control training.
- There will be an increased number of First Aid stations and first responders throughout the event. These efforts will continue to be in coordination with local authorities and medical personnel.
The above information is subject to change as we continue to track this situation and receive guidance from state and local health authorities, the Meadowlands Expo Center, the CDC and WHO, and we will provide regular and timely updates to help the community best prepare for SupplySide East.